Introduction and Review
Whatever your potential friend type is, may it be a casual one or a lifelong friend, all your needs can be met here, on Tinder. As a dating app that matches 26 million users in 196 countries every day, Tinder connects its users from all over the world, making unlikely encounters possible. It is a mobile dating app that recommends different people to its users based on their location and interests for social matching. The whole process of matching on Tinder is effortless to operate. Because Tinder’s interface is so clean and clear, that only shows images, self-introduction and active status of the people who are recommended by the system to you, which enables its users to judge whether they are interested in further understanding based on their first impression, thus reducing the disturbance and confusions to users while using. So here comes the question, in what way can you show your interest or dislike to someone who appeared on your Tinder? The answer is really simple: swiping. When you see someone’s photo and profile, you can swipe right if you’re interested or left if you dislike him. If both of you swipe right while seeing each other’s little biography, congratulations, a match is made and you can begin chatting. As you can see here, the best part of this application is that the whole process while using is a two-way choice, in other words, chatting can only start if both express mutual interest, or neither one will be able to develop a deep understanding of the other. More importantly, there is no need for you to worry about Tinder’s matching mechanism, as it doesn’t randomly match you with strangers who have nothing in common. The truth is that, Tinder will give priority to recommending its most active users to those who are active at the same time. It will not illegally access your private information, but it still needs to collect some basic information you fill in during registration, such as your date of birth, gender and hobbies, for matching users of the same type. Moreover, if you are the type of user who doesn’t like the tedious process of creating an account, Tinder also offers access to log in with a Facebook account, an Apple account or an Instagram account. It’s worth noting that if you log into Tinder with a social account like Facebook, other users who are matched with you will also be able to see some contents posted on your Facebook account. It can surely tell your net friend more about your personality, but remember to be careful about what you post and try not to include your private information like a specific address, since you’re dealing with a virtual dating partner you haven’t met yet.
In its latest update of version 13.20.1 on November 7th, 2022, developers exterminated some bugs and achieved to improve the users’ experience. According to the update history, the app has been updated basically 2 to 3 times a month to fix bugs newly appeared. However, there is no specific mention of what exactly has been fixed. The earliest update would date back to version 12.18.0 launched on October 4th, 2021.
1. Tinder enables people around the world to look for all kinds of relationships, from e-pal or a good listener to a lifelong friend or a marriage.
2. It is easy but effective for users to express interest or not simply by swiping right or left, which makes friend-making simple and direct.
3. Tinder provides users with an on-demand safety function, through which users can add a one-click alert button on its interface, called “Noonlight”, in case they are harassed or in danger while messaging with others.
4. Users will be noticed timely once there is a successful match.
5. Users can use their Facebook account to log into Tinder, which can save a lot of redundant process for users to create a new Tinder account. Tinder can employ some information from users’ Facebook profile to show their personality more comprehensively, but they can choose what they want to display.