Introduction and Review
With the ambition of motivating creativity and joy, TikTok has become the most popular short media app around the world. It is a short video community platform for users of all ages, allowing them to watch and share original videos uploaded by people from all over the world, as well as to create their own videos on it. No matter what you do, what you like, or what you want, you can always find what you need here, on TikTok. As a social media app dedicated to short-form videos, TikTok has won the hearts of more than 3.5 billion people around the world and is available in more than 150 markets and over 35 languages, thanks to its easy-to-use features. If you are a short video browser, all you need to do is open the app and swipe, because there are a bottomless variety of short videos created by other users every day waiting for you to watch. The biggest reason why TikTok is so addictive is because of its unique feature of user-customized video recommendations. Its “For You” page offers a bottomless stream of videos that is trending now or that you often engage in. The more time you spend watching videos on TikTok, the smarter the page gets and can figure out what kind of videos you’re interested in, all thanks to its algorithm. For instance, if you like or comment on short videos about music a lot, or if you spend a lot of time on these type of video, your personalized “For You” page will calculate and recognize your interest category and send more and more videos about music. It’s just like a customized TV station that caters to your interests and makes your day. No wonder 80% of users usually spend an hour or more on TikTok every day, as they just can’t stop! What if you’re someone who likes to create videos? No worries, TikTok can satisfy all you want. Whether you are an amateur or a professional creator, TikTok is a user-friendly app that offers you all kinds of creative filters, effects and stickers as well as a massive music library, which are all easy to get started and can be created directly within the app. In other words, anyone can make and publish a video that may go viral on TikTok, as long as you can keep up with trends or catch hot topics.
In its latest update of version 26.7.0 on November 3rd, 2022, developers published their newly designed creative effects on TikTok. According to the update history, the app has been updated basically 5 to 6 times a month to simplify video production and upload its latest effects and stickers.
1. TikTok provides in-app editing tools and detailed tutorials for its users to easily realize their ideas of making a video, which means everyone can create their own video even without advanced equipment or rich experiences.
2. TikTok’s algorithm enables its “For You” page constantly send all kinds of videos you are interested in based on your activity on it.
3. Users can always find new trends and stay up-to-date on TikTok. It also keeps updating fresh content that may arise users’ interests.
4. Users will have a sense of belonging when using TikTok as it offers a community within the platform. You can easily find people who have something in common with you and interact with them by commenting or creating videos among hashtag challenges.
5. TikTok provides infinite potential for you to go viral.